May 2009-July 2012; Sept 2013-Sept 2014
Co-Founder, Editor, Content Coordinator, Writer, Photographer, Ad Sales
- Directed editorial and visual content for the print magazine and corresponding website
- Wrote articles spanning an eclectic range of topics (music, art, science, social issues, food, more, in A.P. Style) via research and interviews; took photos to illustrate the stories
- Hired/managed 10 to 15 writers each month, edited articles, fact checking, copywriting; photo gathering and editing
- Worked with college interns, community members and organizations on both editorial content and event listings for print and ZocaloMagazine.com
- Integral to establishing the magazine’s advertising client base
Zócalo Magazine was nominated in the Small Business Supporter of the Arts category for Tucson Pima Arts Council’s Lumie Awards, 2011.